Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Tilapia, Tomato, and Olive Pasta

Well it seems as though we have all been extremely busy or extremely lazy since the blog hasn't had a post since December! I had a baby, so that's my excuse.  To make up for it, I have 3 delicious recipes to post! This first one mom would make and I don't know where the original recipe came from or if she just made it up, but I have recreated it as best I can remember.  It is very quick and easy and super tasty!


3-4 Tilapia filets
olive oil
salt and pepper
dried basil
oregano
3-4 cloves garlic
1 onion chopped
1 can black olives, chopped
2-3 cups of fresh spinach
1 can of diced tomatoes
1/2 cups chicken stock
Gluten Free Penne Pasta
shredded parmesan cheese

I don't have real exact measurements for this recipe because I just kind of make it up as I go.
Preheat oven to whatever it says on the Tilapia bag (Mine was 425 ish).
Put foil on a cookie sheet and put the tilapia on it. Sprinkle some olive oil on each piece and liberally season each with S&P, basil, and oregano.  Bake according to directions on bag (15-17 minutes-ish).

Meanwhile, get water boiling for the pasta.

In a skillet, heat up olive oil on medium heat and saute onion until soft. Add garlic and stir for a minute or so. Add in the can of tomatoes, chicken stock, a teaspoon or so of basil and oregano and S&P to taste and let cook for about 8 minutes to get the flavors going.  Then add the spinach and olives.  Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or so or until the spinach is nice and wilty.  If it needs a little more liquid add some more stock or some of the pasta water.  When the pasta is done, toss it with the tomato saucey mixture.  Once the tilapia is finished, flake it up and toss with the pasta mixture.  Top with parmesan cheese!


1 comment:

  1. Yea! You're back to blogging! I was missing the Gluten-Free Glutton Girls....I also miss you in real life :)

    ReplyDelete