Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Bacon Pizza

Yes you did just die and go to pizza heaven.  
Right out of the oven


I found this idea on allrecipes as I was searching for asparagus recipes.  I hadn't made pizza in awhile and this sounded AMAZING so I went for it. You will need:

1 pizza crust. I used Pamela's bread mix and the pizza crust recipe on the bag. 
1 pound bacon, cooked to be slightly chewy-almost crunchy
1 bunch asparagus spears, cut in half
1 tablespoon butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 oz goat cheese
mozzarella cheese or any type of pizza cheese or italian cheese blend

This pizza crust had to bake for 25 minutes before it got topped so while it was in the oven I cooked the bacon and then sauteed the asparagus with the butter and some of the bacon grease until it was tender. I tossed the garlic in with the asparagus for its last 3-4 minutes of cooking.  When the crust came out, I drizzled it with olive oil and put lots of italian cheese blend all over it and then sprinkled on the bacon, placed the asparagus, and crumbled the goat cheese on top.  I should have sealed the toppings in with another layer of cheese blend.  Then back in the oven for 10 more minutes.  

This pizza was so delicious I wanted to just crawl inside the crust and die. I had probably 2 pieces too many and while I was putting it away I took a bit of each piece because I couldnt. stop. eating. it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment