Saturday, May 3, 2014

Green Curry Chicken with Basil



Last year I bought a little jar of green curry paste for a recipe out of the Wheat Belly Cookbook.  Since that time, I have not used it again.  I remembered about that little jar last week and decided I should use it again! So I looked for some recipes and found this one and we LOVED it! Taylor especially couldn't get enough of it.  He kept saying how "authentic" it was so it made me pretty happy :).  I found if off the Thai Kitchen website.

Ingredients: 
1 can Coconut Milk
1/3 cup vegetable or chicken stock
1⁄4 cup chopped basil leaves
2 to 3 tablespoons Fish Sauce
1 to 4 tablespoons Green Curry Paste
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1⁄2 cups assorted cut-up vegetables, such as red bell pepper, zucchini, carrots and peas
3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
Cooked Rice
Directions:

MIX coconut milk, stock, basil, fish sauce, green curry paste and brown sugar in medium saucepan. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes.

STIR in vegetables and chicken; simmer 10 minutes longer or until chicken is cooked through.

SERVE over cooked Rice.


This was really fast and easy to make.  I used 2 tablespoons of fish sauce and 2 tablespoons of curry paste.  It was the perfect amount of heat and spicy.  If you wanted a little more heat you could add more.  I threw in some spinach because I had it and I used a frozen bag of Chinese stir-fry vegetables because it was convenient.  I used canned chicken for the same reason.  Sometimes it is just easier to take short cuts. Hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment