Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The BEST almond flour chocolate chips cookies (ever)

It is no secret that I have a sweet tooth.  I like to have ice cream after dinner every night.  Sometimes I think lunch should also be followed by dessert.  I LOVE sweets and baked goods.  Since going gluten free it has been hard to find good, let alone tolerable, baked goods.  During pregnancy I gave up on gluten free and just ate to survive.  While my mother-in-law was here following the birth of baby I had a hankering for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.  So I made the recipe we used to always make as kids.  It is SOOOO good. I thought "and this is why being gluten free is NOT worth it".  Well, fast forward 6 weeks, and I decided to recommit to being GF so I went in search of an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe that would fill my craving.  I have tried other GF chocolate chip cookies and lets be honest, they suck.  But! When I made these my heart rejoiced for they are almost as good as the real thing.  Careful though, they are just as addicting.  They only last in the house for maybe 3 days.  Here is the recipe! Originally from here.



Ingredients

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar (or coconut palm sugar)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups blanched almond flour
1 1/4 cups chocolate chips of choice
2/3 cup toasted walnuts (optional)
1 cup of oats (this is my addition because I love oatmeal cookies)



Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, coconut oil, and brown sugar. Add the vanilla and eggs, mixing until incorporated.
Mix in the baking soda and salt. Add the almond flour, 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts and oats with a wooden spoon.
Form the dough into tablespoon rounds and place on the lined baking sheet about 3 inches apart. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown around edges. Cool and enjoy! These cookies are best enjoyed the day they are baked.

*when they come out of the oven I like to give them a little slap with the spatula to flatten them out so they stay doughy ad chewy in the middle.  Also, they are great frozen!

No comments:

Post a Comment