Monday, May 6, 2013

Brussels Sprouts w/ Garlic & Parmesan Cheese

Now I know what you're thinking, "Brussels sprouts?  Really??  Does anybody actually like those things?!"  Well the answer is Yes!  They are delicious!  Honestly I was a bit of a skeptic myself until I tried this simple way of preparing them (thank you Ashley!) and now Joey and I fight over the last few bites every time I make them.  Enjoy!

1-2 lbs Brussels sprouts
2-4 tablespoons of butter
4-6 cloves garlic, minced
chicken broth, about 2-3 cups
Shredded Parmesan cheese

Prepare the Brussels sprouts by cutting off the hard bottom/stem part and cutting in half.  Melt the butter in a large saute pan, add the minced garlic.  Cook while stirring for a couple of minutes until fragrant.   Add the Brussels sprouts and enough chicken broth to nearly cover them.  Bring to a boil and cover, reduce heat and simmer covered until desired tenderness.  I like mine pretty tender, but be careful to not overcook since they are not delicious if you turn them into mush.  Drain off most of the broth and transfer sprouts to serving dish.  Pour a generous amount of Parmesan cheese over them, give them a quick stir, and they are ready to eat!

2 comments:

  1. Scott and I love Brussels sprouts. We'll be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made this. Yum! I don't remember if Juliet ate it, so I'll pretend she did. Even two year olds love it!!!

    ReplyDelete