Thursday, June 27, 2013

Almond Flax bread



My cousin posted this recipe on facebook and it peeked my interest so I thought I would give it a try.  The recipe is from http://www.healyrealfoodvegetarian.com/almond-flax-bread/


Makes 1 loaf

1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
1 tbsp whole flax seeds
1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 eggs beaten
2 tsp honey, optional
1/2 tsp raw cider vinegar
butter, to grease a loaf pan

Preheat the oven to 300°.
Grease a loaf pan.
Mix all ingredients together until thoroughly combined, then pour into a greased standard sized loaf pan and bake at 300° for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the bread’s center comes out clean.
Cool completely before serving.

I don't have whole flax seeds so I added a tbsp on oats instead because I love oat bread and the texture it has.  I also don't have raw cider vinegar so I just used regular apple cider vinegar and I greased the loaf pan with coconut oil instead of butter.

It smelled so good while baking, but after cooling for a little while it smelled a bit like turtle food.... 
it tastes pretty good though.  Really good after being smothered in honey butter :) ( I was this <---> close to drizzling buttermilk syrup on it but at the last second decided against it... would've been good though! 

1 comment:

  1. I think we'll have to try this one. On a side note - the almond flavored buttermilk syrup is AWESOME drizzled over the Yummy Muffin recipe (made w/ almond instead of vanilla).

    ReplyDelete