Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Paleo Chili


I know, I know... It's summer, but this paleo chili is awesome. Also, it makes a lot, so you will have more time to play outside instead of being stuck cooking. I got this recipe from Everyday Paleo, but I've added more veggies! I also occasionally use ground turkey instead of beef to make it leaner. Change it up however you would like, but it will be delicious and flavorful no matter what!

2 lbs ground beef
1 lb mild or spicy Italian sausage
7-10 celery stalks diced
6 carrots diced
6 zucchini (I'm no chef...just cut 'em up somehow)
4 yellow squash (cut up)
1 white onion diced
6 cloves garlic crushed
4 tbs olive oil (I use less usually)
1 16 oz can of diced tomatoes with juice
16 oz of chicken broth (I usually use more so the vegetables cook. It should be soupy)
Salt to taste
2 tbsp dried oregano
2 tbsp dried basil
1tbs cumin
3-4 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper (more if you like it spicy)

Use a giant pot...this makes a lot. Sauté carrots, celery, and garlic in olive oil. Add meat and brown. Add the rest of the veggies. Add all spices. Then add chicken broth and diced tomatoes. Simmer for 35 mins or until the veggies are cooked. 

1 comment:

  1. The famous paleo chili finally makes an appearance! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete