Sunday, June 2, 2013

Make you banana pancakes, pretend that its the weekend now...

(Jack Johnson anyone?)
                                    

Sorry for the blog post hiatus. (reason pending) But I have some things to add! First off, Banana Pancakes! I made the Yummy Muffin recipe yesterday with my newly acquired almond flour, and loved them but I still had some over ripe bananas to use and with it being Fast Sunday today, I was craving some good hearty breakfast-for-dinner food.  So I headed to the web for some banana pancake recipes.  A lot of recipes were 3 ingredient banana pancakes made with just egg, banana, and peanut butter or vanilla or salt, and I was like ummm I need a little more substance than that.  I found a great recipe called Gluten Free Banana Pancakes and just tweeked it a bit.  Here is my version:

1 1/2 cups oat flour (I just ground some up quick oats in my little food processor)
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 banana, mashed
1 cup milk, and a little more if the batter gets too thick
1 egg
1/4- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (to taste)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

(makes about 15 medium sized pancakes)

In medium bowl mix together oat flour and baking powder and salt Add the mashed banana, milk, egg, cinnamon, and vanilla.  Mix until combined.  Melt a little butter on the griddle and spoon the batter one.  Cook 3-4 minutes on one side and then flip.  I kinda pressed them down with the spatula once I flipped them to make them a little thinner because they were looking quite beefy.  I had to add a little milk to the batter in between batches because it thickened up as it sat there.  Serve with syrup, peanut butter, yogurt or applesauce.  Or, if you are my husband, top them with texas sheet cake. *eye roll*
I quickly snapped a picture before he was able to destroy the evidence!

No comments:

Post a Comment