Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Kalamata-Balsamic Chicken with Feta

This is hands down one of my top 5 favorite meals.  The flavor profile here is one I could seriously eat every day and be perfectly happy with.  I've slightly adapted the recipe from the Cooking Light: Fresh Food Fast cookbook.  Per my notes I prefer it with more tomatoes, olives, and pinenuts - I like a little bit of everything in every bite!

Kalamata-Balsamic chicken with Feta

1 lb. frozen skinless boneless chicken tenderloins
olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved (I probably use 1 1/2 - 2 cups!)
16 pitted kalamata olives, halved (I close to double this as well)
3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette (use more if increasing the tomato/olive amounts)
crumbled feta cheese
basil leaves, shredded

Cover a rimmed baking sheet with foil.  Lightly drizzle/coat the frozen chicken tenderloins with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper.  Broil for 7 minutes.  Turn the chicken over, sprinkle with pepper again and broil for another 7 minutes until cooked through and lightly browned.

While the chicken cooks combine the tomatoes, olives, and vinaigrette in a pan.  Cook for a few minutes until the tomatoes soften.  Spoon over chicken.  Top evenly with cheese and basil.  Serve with/over the following recipe:

Quinoa with Spinach and Rosemary

1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 1/2 cups packed baby spinach, coursely chopped
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted (you can do more or less according to your taste)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon salt

Cook the quinoa according to package directions.  Place in a medium bowl.  Add the remaining ingredients and toss well.

1 comment:

  1. You have a brand new baby and time to make delicious dinners like this!? Kaitlin is adorable!! Congratulations :) I hope I get to meet her this summer.

    ReplyDelete