Saturday, February 2, 2013

I didn't fall, I was pushed!!

I have been a model gluten-free citizen since 2013 began. I have been strong and resilient and gave away all of my goldfish and animal crackers. I have impressed myself.

So why did I find myself holding a half eaten donut yesterday? I was pushed off the wagon!!!
IMG951705.jpg

Okay, I am being dramatic. On Wednesday, one of my teacher friends forgot that I had gone gluten-free, and went out of her way to be awesome and brought me a double chocolate donut. YUM! But I was strong and told her I couldn't eat it. She yelled at me to eat it, and I yelled back 'no, you eat it' but she wouldn't cause she is off sweets!! So no one ate the donut, but I really appreciated the gesture. I just felt bad for the donut, being so unwanted...

That night, Travis confessed that he had (gasp!!) eaten not one, not two, but three slices of pizza for lunch! Okay, okay, 4 slices of pizza!!! He blamed peer pressure. I flashed back to my poor, lonely, gluteny donut left all alone on a desk, and was not at all pleased with his resolve. 

Flash-forward to Friday morning. I am at an all day teacher conference and they have donuts for breakfast. Here was my chance to get back at him? prove a point? I'm still not sure, but I did have some donut. And it was utterly unsatisfying. I couldn't make myself finish it. Poor donut, I wasted that one too. Later in the day, I took maybe 3 bites of my lunch wrap, and again, I couldn't make myself eat more. It just didn't hold any appeal. Luckily, my wonderful, occasionally peer-pressured, husband had packed me a gluten-free lunch. And I am back on the wagon!

2 comments:

  1. YAY Nicole, don't give up!!! We slipped off the wagon a few months ago. Donuts got us too, a box of Krispy Kremes at the grocery store. Same experience, totally unsatisfying, gave me heartburn, and I threw them away. So sad. Poor donuts, can't catch a break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday at school my TA gave me half of a donut she was given because she is so nice and knows my favorite food is a donut. It was so sad to say I couldn't eat it! I was so tempted, but im pretty sure if I had eaten it, it would have been ultra satisfying.

      Delete