Friday, February 15, 2013

It's a Wrap!

So I think it's safe to say I am becoming obsessed with flax.  Who knew flax, an egg and a microwave could be so versatile!  I could eat a mug muffin and this wrap for breakfast and lunch every day and be totally satisfied!!  Thank you Wheat Belly.
Flaxseed Wrap
3 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder (I use slightly less)
1/4 teaspoon paprika
pinch of fine sea salt or celery salt
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted, plus more for greasing the pan
1 tablespoon water
1 large egg
Mix together the ground flaxseeds, baking powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt in a small bowl.  Stir in the 1 tablespoon coconut oil.  Beat in the egg and 1 tablespoon water until blended.
Grease a microwave safe glass or plastic pie pan with coconut oil.  Pour in the batter and spread evenly over the bottom.  Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes until cooked.  Let cool about 5 minutes.
To remove, lift up an edge with a spatula.  If it sticks, use a pancake turner to gently loosen from the pan.  Flip the wrap over and top with desired ingredients.
My Take:  Delish!  And super simple to whip up.  I put a little cheese, leftover rotisserie chicken, avocado, and spinach on mine.  I could barely finish it - super filling!  The wraps also fridge well.  I've made them for Joey to take for lunch the next day and they keep really well and taste great.  Excited to try a breakfast variation, breakfast burrito style!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Am I grinding my own flax seeds, or can I get them ground somewhere? I want to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just buy a big bag of pre-ground golden flax seeds at Costco. Usually you find them already ground since I don't know that you can do much with them in any other form.

    ReplyDelete