Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Jenkin's Chicken Sushi Rolls

I love sushi, but being pregnant and gluten-free poses a problem as the imitation crab I would generally go for on California rolls is NOT gluten-free! So I whipped up some chicken, and rolled it in seaweed with avocado and rice. It was kind of like sushi...

Jenkin's Marinade 

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons lemon
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons oil
1/4 teaspoon tabasco sauce
1 clove garlic
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 dash onion powder

Mix and pour over chicken or turkey to marinade. 

My take:
We generally put it on chicken tenderloins, but in this case, it was on chicken breasts. Also, it was baked in the oven because, hello it's winter and cold outside; but it is really top of the line when grilled. 

Juliet kept wanting to be like me and eat the seaweed, but every time she tasted it (which was multiple times), she made her 'bleh!' sound. Haha!


1 comment:

  1. I love this idea. Anything wrapped in seaweed is a winner in my book.

    ReplyDelete